Saturday, November 19, 2016

The Maestro Vs. Parallax



Here are two classic examples of the "hero gone bad" storyline.  The Incredible Hulk: Future Imperfect was a ton of fun and one of my favorite Peter David Hulk tales, made only better by the ultra-detailed artwork of George Perez.  I wasn't crazy about Hal Jordan losing it and becoming Parallax, and I liked him as a host for the Spectre even less.  I have to say, however,  that Geoff Johns' Green Lantern: Rebirth resolved the whole story brilliantly and made it make a lot more sense for me in the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://red-rum-18.deviantart.com/art/New-Amalgam-Comics-Enemies-of-the-Green-Giant-332468321

DeviantArt user Red-Rum-18 fused these two into Paralstro, an evil alternate future version of the Green Giant (Bruce Banner/Hulk + Hal Jordan/Green Lantern), a core member of the Green Nova Corps (Nova Corps + Green Lantern Corps) and the Justice Avengers (Avengers + Justice League).

Anyway, great cover as always!
-RC

Carycomic said...

I wasn't crazy about either of these characterizations, myself, back then. Let alone, now. As far as I'm permanently concerned they were just needless recyclings of the Adam Warlock/Magus story arc from the early 1980's!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!