Saturday, April 16, 2016

The Rocketeer Vs. Boba Fett



This cover comes about from a suggestion by Marc. Tyler Nobleman, a Patron of this blog.  Thanks, Marc!

I watched the Star Wars: Rogue One trailer with interest. This movie wasn't high on my radar - franky I have concerns about Disney diluting the franchise by putting too many films out.  What I have seen so far looks pretty promising though.  I love that the story takes place in the time frame of the Original Trilogy.  Thant raises possibilities of some old favorites showing up - will there be appearances by Darth Vader and/or Boba Fett?  I hope so!

6 comments:

Carycomic said...

Well, I have no complaints with the way they (Disney) handled THE FORCE AWAKENS. So, I'm willing to give them the benefit of any doubt with regard to Episode 9 and/or other sequels and prequels.

As for this get-together? I don't see how Boba Fett could even know Earth exists; let alone, get to it! Not unless, say, the Galactic Empire conquered--and annexed--the planet Mongo.*


*I can easily picture Darth Palpatine seeing Ming the Merciless as unwanted competition...in dire need of eliminating.

Cambias said...

Hughes? Maybe in movieland.

In the comic it was D*c S*v*g* who built the pack.

Not somebody the Empire should trifle with.

Carycomic said...

@Cambias: Yeah, I know. But, when Disney first came out with "The Rocketeer," the licensing rights to the name (and so forth) of Doc Savage were owned by DC. Now, it's Dynamite Entertainment who has the licensing rights to the latter. While the licensing rights to the Rocketeer, as a comic book character, are owned by Dark Horse! So, a Rocketeer sequel/remake by Marvel Disney would require twice as much negotiation as it might have back in the Eighties.

Bob Buethe said...

Not being a Doc Savage fan, I missed all the clues when I read Dave Stevens' original Rocketeer series, and thought that the jetpack was created by Howard Hughes. So when I saw the movie, I thought it was one of them most faithful comics-to-film adaptations I'd ever seen. Now that I know the truth, I still like it (though I prefer the Hughes explanation to the Savage).

Carycomic said...

You and me, both. :-)

Enoch said...

Good cover

Support STF: The Lost Issues!