Thursday, April 10, 2014

Quicksilver and The Reverse Flash



The mid-credits extra scene in Captain America: The Winter Soldier gave us our first official look at Quicksilver and The Scarlet Witch from the upcoming Avengers: The Age of Ultron, referred to by Baron Strucker as "the twins".  The quick glimpse we got of them was indeed a tease and did not show much.  Wanda was looking spaced out as she levitated some objects and Pietro was smacking himself against the sides of his cell at super speed.  It looked cool, but I really want to see what his speed abilities look like when he really gets room to move.  I am sure that Joss Whedon will come up with some cool visuals.

Stay tuned tomorrow for part three tomorrow!


6 comments:

Matthew Baugh said...

I'm looking forward to seeing Quicksilver too. It seems to me that super speed should look great in a medium like movies or TV.

I was disappointed by Flash's visuals in the otherwise excellent DCAU Justice League. He often appeared to be slightly faster than a car, and couldn't seem to dodge a normal-speed punch to save his life.

Oddly, some of the better super-speed effects have shown up in recent vampire movies. All I can say is, if Pietro's speed effects aren't better than Edward Cullen's, I will be upset.

KKWRBruce said...

One of my favorite examples of super-speed in the movies was Dash in "The Incredibles". The chase through the jungle was so much fun. To hear his laugh when he found out he could run on water was just tremendous...

Ross said...

Love that scene. As it happens, I was working on an Incredibles-related cover today,

Matthew Baugh said...

Yes! I can't believe I didn't think of Dash. That scene (like the entire movie) is incredible. :)

AirDave said...

My first Avengers was Cap's line-up with Hawkeye, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Anonymous said...

I saw that same tease. It looks as if they've been turned into composite characters! More specifically; amalgamated with the Fenris twins (Andrea and Andreas Strucker) from the comic books.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!