Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tomar-Re and Beta Ray Bill



I have always gotten a kick out of alien superheroes, an these are two of my absolute favorites.  I have been a fan of Beta Ray Bill ever since he made his logo-destroying debut in the pages of Walt Simonson's Thor run.  Tomar-Re is my second favorite alien Green Lantern (after Chaselon, love that guy) and while the GL movie was somewhat of a misfire, it was very cool to see him up on the big screen.  Hopefully Bill will get his chance in a Thor sequel.

3 comments:

AirDave said...

I like Tomar-Re. Wasn't he killed off years ago in the comics and replaced by Tomar-Tu? Was that his brother? I've lost track.

I've only read a handful of Thor, mostly the late '70's. I stopped reading Thor around the early '80's. Simonson really built up a full Thor family...

Anonymous said...

Tomar-Tu is actually the son of Tomar-Re although he did not learn the identity of his father until after he acquired his Green Lantern ring.

Bob Greenwade said...

Tomar-Re is actually my overall favorite non-Earth GL, and I thought he worked quite well in the film. (In fact, I'm one of the small handful of people who actually liked that movie!)

This is one really outstanding team-up of two heroes with more in common than just being aliens. They both share powers with a familiar Earth-bound hero, which in itself is enough to warrant seeing them team up again on these pages. Also, they're both orange.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!